2017 Instructor Examiner Standardization Meetings
In 2015, USPA conducted four AFF Standardization Meetings at various locations across the United States, plus a fifth meeting in Poland. USPA requires all AFF Instructor Examiners to attend one of these meetings every two years. That same year, USPA also participated in five Tandem Instructor Examiner Standardization Meetings organized by United Parachute Technologies, and all UPT Tandem Instructor Examiners were required to attend one of the meetings. Both the AFF and tandem meetings were well received and successful, so USPA elected to make the tandem meeting a requirement for all USPA Tandem IEs in 2017.
Since planning for 10 different dates and locations for the two disciplines would have been a logistical nightmare for everyone involved, USPA decided to hold both an AFF and tandem meeting at each location. Five locations in the U.S. and one in Germany will host one of the combined two-day meetings in 2017. At each location, the first day will be dedicated to AFF IEs and the second day to Tandem IEs.
Attending one of the meetings is a requirement for all current AFF IEs and Tandem IEs and anyone who intends to earn one or both of the ratings in the next two years. The locations and dates are:
- February 17-18: Chattanooga, Tennessee, in conjunction with the Parachute Industry Association Symposium
- May 3-4: Skydive Sussex in New Jersey
- July 12-13: Chicagoland Skydiving Center in Rochelle, Illinois
- October 18-19: Skydive San Diego/TACAir in Jamul, California
- November 15-16: Skydive Spaceland—Houston in Rosharon, Texas
- November 29-30: Hotel Kolberbrau in Bad Tolz, Germany
Attendees must pay a registration fee of $50 for one day or $95 for both days in advance of the course. To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jim Crouch | D-16979 | USPA Director of Safety and Training