Posting Date: 01/10/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Salary Range: $45,000-$65,000
The United States Parachute Association (USPA) is a voluntary membership organization of individuals who enjoy and support the sport of skydiving. The purpose of USPA is three-fold: to promote safe skydiving through training, licensing, and instructor qualification programs; to ensure skydiving’s rightful place on airports and in the airspace system, and to promote competition and record-setting programs.
The U.S. Parachute Association is searching for an individual with at least two years graphic design experience to join a dynamic team environment. The primary duty of the Graphic Designer is laying out and designing Parachutist magazine, including designing multiple feature articles each month, as well as completing all layouts of monthly departments. In addition, the position is responsible for creating logos, designing website graphics, advertisements and store products, and assisting the Communications department with additional tasks.
We are searching for an energetic and motivated self-starter who requires little supervision, thrives on teamwork and never misses a deadline.
The full-time position is located at USPA in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Benefits include life and health (with vision and dental) insurance, paid leave and 401K eligibility. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Design, illustrate and complete layouts for print media including Parachutist, brochures, pamphlets, posters and other promotional and informational materials
- Create graphics for USPA’s website and provide design assistance to the webmaster
- Keep current with emerging applications and technologies and provide recommendations to the Director of Communications
- Assist the department with other duties, as determined by the Director of Communications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2 years previous job experience handling multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Proficiency in a Mac environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Currently hold (or able to obtain within three months) one or more of the following Adobe Certified Associate Certificates:
- Visual Design Using Adobe Photoshop CC
- Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
- Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CSS and HTML experience a plus
- Skydiving experience is preferred but not required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret project information, supervisors’ instructions and information included in the project.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, digital cameras and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk or hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
United States Parachute Association provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please send your resume, CV, and design samples to Adam Fischer, Office Manager, at email@example.com