Tired of dreaming about skydiving while on the job? Make skydiving part of your job!
While actually making jumps is not part of anyone’s job description at USPA Headquarters, taking care of skydivers and promoting the sport are. Even if there isn’t a vacancy in your field of interest, why not drop HQ a resume and a note on what sort of position would interest you?
Director of Competition
The U.S. Parachute Association is searching for an individual to fill the position immediately. The Director of Competition reports to USPA’s Executive Director and is responsible for advancing skydiving competition and skydiving record-setting.
- Advise the Executive Director and the Board’s Competition Committee on all matters pertaining to skydiving competition and skydiving records. Requires intimate knowledge of and familiarity with the USPA’s Skydiver’s Competition Manual
- Prepare for and conduct annual USPA events, including the USPA National Championships and the USPA National Collegiate Championships
- Serve as USPA Controller and Jury President, the duties of which are described in SCM Section 1-1.3 and Section 1-3
- Process, record, assist with filing and maintain world, national and state skydiving records
- Report on, or assure coverage of, national and international skydiving meets and skydiving record attempts/claims for Parachutist and the USPA website
- Serve as USPA’s alternate delegate at meetings of the International Parachuting Commission of the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale
- Provide administrative support to the designated U.S. Parachute Team
- Manage the regional and national judge rating program
We are searching for an energetic and motivated self-starter who requires little supervision, thrives on teamwork and never misses a deadline.
The position requires a fair amount of travel, upward of six trips per year, including all USPA Nationals events, USPA Board meetings, IPC meetings and additional events as needed.
The full-time position is located at USPA Headquarters in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Benefits include life and health (with vision and dental) insurance, paid leave and 401K eligibility. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of all aspects of skydiving competition and a demonstrated ability to handle high-pressure situations with resolve, tact and diplomacy
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide written news updates and reports on competition and record attempts. Writing samples will be requested.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Applicants should email a cover letter, resume and writing samples to Stephanie Whittaker at email@example.com.
Posting Date: 05/10/2018
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Fredericksburg, VA