The U.S. Parachute Association is seeking a new executive director to start November 1, 2020, succeeding the incumbent executive director who is retiring in December 2020.
USPA, based in Fredericksburg, Virginia, is a 501(c)(4) not-for-profit association with over 41,000 members who enjoy and support the sport of skydiving. The annual budget is $3.5 million.
USPA employs an executive director who, in turn, hires and manages an administrative staff (currently 19 full-time employees) as necessary to carry out the policies of the board, the administration of USPA programs and related entities, and the daily management of USPA.
The executive director is responsible to the board of directors, through its executive committee, and managed by the elected president, for the effective operation of the association. These responsibilities include administering the policies of the Board of Directors, managing USPA headquarters activities, and advising and making recommendations to the officers and board that enhance service to the membership and help USPA meet the current and future needs of the sport.
Some specific responsibilities of the Executive Director are to:
- promote interest and active participation in USPA activities among the membership and facilitates effective communication between the general membership, USPA headquarters staff, and the BOD
- institute and maintain sound plans of organization for the headquarters office
- ensure financial stability by developing and maintaining appropriate budgetary and financial procedures and planning in concurrence with the BOD
- coordinate the effort to defend all litigation directed toward the association.
- serve as the spokesman for USPA in concert with the President, and as such, undertake such speeches, appearances, and other contacts with various public entities
- maintain relationships with other associations, various levels of government, the media, publishers, other vendors, and with public service organizations as necessary in furthering the best interests of USPA.
For more information regarding the position, please see the complete Employment Opportunity document. Additionally, please direct any resumes or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the March 31, 2020 deadline, all submitted information such as resumes, contact information, and references may be shared with USPA’s staff and board of directors. Staff and board members who have recused themselves from the process will not receive any information about the candidates or recruiting process. Staff and elected directors are under strict confidentiality agreements to protect candidates’ identities, information, and intentions.